Traditional Service Worship: 11:00 am – January 13, 2019
Pastor Bryan George
Sermon title: RE:Fresh my View: Baptism
Scripture: Matthew 3:13-17; Isaiah 42:1-9
Focus: We can be refreshed in our view of ourselves by remembering our baptism, and what the Holy Spirit is doing in our lives as we pursue a relationship with Christ.
I) Changing Joelle’s Wiper Blades at Thanksgiving to REfresh her view!
- How the grime builds up so slowly that we miss how bad it can become
- The voices of unworthiness build up huge callouses on our soul
- The hunger to hear that we are beloved: An article on a Happiness App
II) Why Did Jesus get baptized in the muddy Jordan? (Matthew 3:13-17)
- It was proper to fulfill all righteousness (v.15)
- Affirmed his Father’s Love for him (v. 16-17)
- The Heavens Opened
- The Dove Descended
- The Voice Called Out: God is well pleased because Jesus seeks to please God in humility
III) Why should we receive and be reminded of our baptism? (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Cleansing of Sin (Acts 2:38)
- Growth and Transformation (Galatians 3:27)
- New Birth (Titus 3:5)
IV) How does the mark of baptism really translate to our Lives?
- God Initiates a Relationship
- Reminded that we are beloved and called by our Lord for a purpose
- Times we need that!