Sunday Sermon: September 15, 2019
Pastor Bryan George
Our Church on the Move: Mission and Values
Welcoming All People
Scripture: Romans 15:7, Mark 2:1-11, Romans 12:9-13; 3 John 5-12
Focus: As Jesus welcomed all people by offering salvation and healing, followers extend that invitation to all who are hungry for grace.
I) Our Mission: “Connecting all to Christ to become healthy in God and courageous in love.”
- The first Core Value: “Welcoming all people”
- “Welcome one another, as Christ as welcomed you, for the glory of God” (Romans 15:7)
II) Why should anyone jump on the Christian Ship crossing in a big ocean of beliefs?
- Appealing to Reason?
- Avoid contact with different ships?
- Sink the other ships and force there sailors into service?
- Welcoming Hospitality?
III) Welcoming Hospitality rooted in life and death of Jesus Christ
- Jesus welcoming the children (Matthew 19:14)
- Healing of the paralytic (Mark 2:1-11)
- Accepting the Canaanite woman (Matthew 15:21-28)
- Giving life to the thief of the cross (Luke 23:39-43)
IV) Welcoming each other despite tension in church
- Diotrepes attempts to shut out people while Gauis invites all to the family of faith
- Not much has changed in 2000 years!
V) Becoming a crew member: Invitation, Introduction, Initiation
- Be willing to reconcile, worship, and work together
- Don’t dismiss each other
- Serve one another